Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Sarah the stupid

It's been a while since I've made any political observations but a recent story from the "Land of the Midnight Sun" has inspired me.

Sarah Palin the queen of the gaffe has returned to making the national headlines. Ms. Palin has made her objections to the Obama stimulus very publicly known. She may have her convictions but she has no problem accepting 69% of the funds. The important thing to look at here is what funds that she just couldn't possibly accept.

Governor Palin recently has refused 171.5 million that was slated mostly for special education services. That's right folks, Palin the self proclaimed friend & advocate of people with special needs withheld monies that would improve the educational services that they receive. She has some nerve when her son Trig will be depending on those same services during his school years. How can a person like that sleep at night?

Governor Palin has sold out her own son and others with disabilities just so she can do some political posturing. This demonstrates a perverse desire for attention and an attitude that nothing will keep her from appearing ultra conservative. She needs to face the reality that she'll never be able to lead on a larger stage. The election of 2008 showed plenty evidence of that. Alright, I'll get off the soapbox but I wanted to express my dismay over this outrageous hypocrisy :-)

I'd like to say that my prayers and thoughts are with all those in North Dakota and Minnesota who are fighting the severe flooding. This brings back memories of the disasterous flooding of 1997 and hopefully the outcome will be much better this time around. I'll be one of many who will be eagerly watching the developments this week.



I'll be back soon with an update on my leg. My final orthopedic appointment is Thursday am I am confident that the news will be good.

Peace...Mark

No comments: