Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Slow but sure



Things continue to move slow here in Missoula but I'm feeling better. My pain has leveled off considerably and that makes me quite happy. I saw the ortho last week and he had some encouraging news. I have a month left of healing and my femur is well aligned. The doctor put me into a hinged brace and this has been much more comfortable. It hurts much less to move because the brace has a bit of give to it.

I've been surprised with how much I really miss school. The structure of school is good for me because it keeps me focused. Don't get me wrong the break is nice but the itch for school remains. My plan is to take a biology lab class online and possibly a American History class on campus over the summer. We'll just have to see how the summer plans take shape. It would be great to get back to North Dakota for a visit but we'll have to wait and see.

Yesterday I ventured out and my leg did well. We're working on getting some range back in my knee so there won't be much transition when the brace comes off. I went and checked out the new Safeway store while I was out. The store is gorgeous and they have just about everything you could want. Alright I confess I'm a bit of a dork when it comes to checking out grocery stores. That was my day out and I look forward to getting out of the house more and more.

That's about it for new developments in my life. Spring feels like it's in the air and it will be nice to enjoy the outdoors again. I am looking forward to taking the Pugs on walks around the University. Take care and I'll be back next week with updated pictures of our little Sammy.

Peace...Mark

1 comment:

Wheelchair Hiker said...

Glad to hear your leg is doing better. Ah yes, spring is in the
air. I'm looking forward to the warm up.

Cheers - Mark