Monday, March 30, 2009

Very proud

My home state has been inundated by historic flooding the past several days and the Fargo-Moorhead area has especially been hard hit. This crisis has shown the tenacious spirit of North Dakotans & Minnesotans and I couldn't be prouder. I've been impressed by the number of people who have come forward to sandbag and fight back what the Red River has been dishing out. There aren't a heartier bunch of folks anywhere.

There has been some good fortune with a lower than expected crest but the battle is far from over. The water will remain high for a while and hopefully the man made dikes will keep the river at bay. I'm keeping everyone back home in my thoughts and prayers. You can help out by donating any amount to the Minn-Kota Red Cross @ fargoredcross.org You can get the latest news in the Fargo flood by tuning into the Mighty 790 KFGO on the web.

I've surpassed the 6 week mark since fracturing my leg and I visited my ortho last week. He said my break is well healed and I should be good from here on out. That was the news I was hoping for and now I just need to stay healthy for the foreseeable future. This winter has stunk but I look forward to spring and the warmer temperatures. It will be fun to take the Pugs for walks over at the university. Not all the Pugs at once though :-)



I came across the above video of Squeaky the Pig and got a kick out of his special talent. Squeaky is Babe the Pig come to life and who would have thought that this was even possible! If you think you've seen it all, watch this clip and be amazed.

2 comments:

Wheelchair Hiker said...

Hey Mark,

Good to hear your leg is better, and thanks for the video on squeaky the pig, pretty cool. Also, nice job on the header picture.

Cheers,

Mark

Mom said...

Hey Bud! Like the new design of your blog. The guy in the picture is quite handsome:-) Nice job!
Enjoyed the 'pig'video too. Pretty smart hog!
So happy about your leg report.
Should be a good spring!
Love you!
Mom